Chem Corps mega $$ donations to defeat GMO labeling: time to fight back!
DuPont’s massive donation of $4.46 million this week, shattered the record for making the single largest contribution to a political campaign in Oregon history!
- DuPont – the giant chemical corporation – dumped a whopping $7.46 MILLION into the GMO labeling fight this week – $4.46 million in Oregon and $3 million in Colorado!
- Already Monsanto has spent more than $8.1 million in Oregon and Colorado to prevent common sense labeling initiatives from being passed into law.
- These companies – combined with Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and the rest of their agrochemical friends – have spent a whopping $30+ MILLION to defeat GMO labeling.
That’s right, these 5 corporations are leading the pack to deceive voters by dumping in a stunning $30 MILLION to silence our voices and keep GMOs unlabeled on our tables. In Oregon, Monsanto, DuPont and Friends have already dumped more than $16.5 million to defeat Measure 92, while pouring another $14.3 million to defeat of Colorado’s Prop 105.
The real question is – What are they so desperate to HIDE?
We saw this in Washington in 2013 and California in 2012 – Monsanto, DuPont and the rest of their Big Food friends will stop at absolutely nothing in their disinformation campaign to defeat GMO labeling. They’ll lie to and confuse voters in misleading TV ads airing every single day if it means preventing GMO labeling from becoming law.
We can’t let them win! A victory at the ballot boxes for labeling would be a historic moment for our GMO labeling movement. We could see a wave of similar labeling measures roll across the entire nation – but only if we’re able to fight back now and deliver a crushing blow to Monsanto.
You could be the deciding factor in defeating Monsanto and winning GMO labeling. Make an urgent contribution today and we’ll rush it directly to labeling supporters in Colorado and Oregon.
What your contribution today will help accomplish:
- Chip in $25 today to support volunteers going door to door in neighborhoods across Oregon and Colorado.
- Chip in $50 today to buy 70 mailers to get the message out to voters. With the 3 to 1 match this will reach 210 voters!
- Chip in $100 today to support volunteer phone banks to make more than 500 calls! With the triple match this grows to 1,500 phone calls to targeted voters!
- Chip in $250 today to reach 400,000 voters with a hard-hitting TV ad!
- Chip in $500 today to reach 1 million voters to combat the lies of Monsanto and the GMA’s misleading ads.
We’re running out of time to fight for GMO labeling in Colorado and Oregon. Standing up to the huge chemical companies will take everything we’ve got – are you in?
Please don’t wait – contribute before midnight tonight and your donation will be triple-matched by the incredible teams at Presence Marketing and Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps.
Written by laudyms
October 26, 2014 at 10:19 am
Subscribe to comments with RSS.